Video of my girls running

The Sheriff

Crowing
10 Years
Jun 17, 2009
Northern CA
We just moved two weeks ago and the emus are getting used to their new pasture. My husband hit a rock or something with the mower and off they went! The boys weren't interested in joining them either.

Mary

Last edited:
i
noticed that at the start they were extremely camera shy
hide.gif
Wouldn't even look at you would they
idunno.gif

Great video. Thanks for posting

Sheriff,

Their environment is exemplary, a real credit to you – and got trees!!

(Did you keep the ‘Gaol’ and ‘Saloon’ signs to put up?)

S.E.
Nope, Tame Emu Guy, we started over at the new place with new coops for our chickens and new shelters for the goats and emus. And yes, we have a couple of nice shade trees for them. That ridge with the redwoods and big pines is also our property and they get great shade from those in the afternoon. They will miss the pond but we have a smaller pond here they may be able to go to from time to time in the summer. It is in the donkey pasture and they don't all get along so well. Maybe a sprinkler and a kiddie pool will have to do. I have noticed they love running up and down the hill. The boys are also excited because we live on a real road now and they love to patrol and watch the cars go by.

KBGH, they aren't camera shy. They just want to peck it. I always have spots on the lens from them hitting it with their beaks. It makes my husband mad. He says they are going to ruin the lens. Doesn't mean I'll stop taking pictures of them!

They are great buddies with our two fainting goats. Their shelter was just completed yesterday and they love it. The goats sleep and nap in their dogloos with the female emus alongside. The boys don't nap anymore during the day. Too busy on guard duty I guess.

Sheriff! It’s me, Supreme Emu! (Computer glitsch, got transformed into Tame Emu Guy.)

I just watched the video again. They are outstandingly good-looking birds, which, oddly, is not something you can say of some wild birds!

(Like Greedy, wa ha ha.)

Supreme Emu

Back
Top Bottom