Video of my week old "crowing" cochin baby

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Three Cedars Silkies, Aug 2, 2008.

1. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
  2. Break an Egg

Break an Egg Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    OMG! That's too cute, he is one special guy. I've never seen anything like it.

3. FisherMOM

FisherMOM Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    Bergen, NY
    That is so cute! Who would have thought a chick that young would crow?! Loved it.. thanks for sharing!

4. cthrash1

cthrash1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] That's just too funny...My DD and I had to watch it over again..You should have seen our anticipation...We cracked up!!!

How cute!!!

5. Justino

Justino ♪♫ Rockin' Rooster ♪♫

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    [​IMG]

6. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    [​IMG] AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!

7. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

Good chuckle and cute as a button. I posted a question and never recieved an answer from it, but my 6 week old bantam cochin roo went through all the motions of reproduction with a smaller shyer chick! If I had not seen both of these things from the cochin chicks, I would have dismissed them both! Thanks for sharing![​IMG]

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I've had three or four cockerels crow in the first week, the earliest was a black Ameraucana at five days. The first time, it took me till the next day to realize what he was doing. Too cute!

9. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Stupid was crowing at a few weeks. I thought there was a rat dying in the house someplace!!! [​IMG]
    Cute little boy you have there!

10. krjwaj

krjwaj Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    Apex, NC
    HOw cute, thanks for sharing. I didn't know they started trying to crow that early!! The other ones didn't even flinch!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by