Video of our new chicken coop- any idea how much it would be worth?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by cbscotty, Aug 27, 2011.

1. cbscotty

cbscotty New Egg

Aug 19, 2011
    Hi there...well, the time has come to sell our three hens and my husband's first coop he put alot of sweat equity into! ;-( My girls are really upset. I am sad to see the little cuties go too, but, before we do this project again, we need to be in a home that has no close neighbors and no HOA policy against chickens. Whaaaa!

Here is the link to our coop...let me know if you have any idea how much you think it might be worth? CLICK HERE for the video.

Thanks!

2. I-Have-Happy-Hens

I-Have-Happy-Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Carrboro, NC
    I would say $500

3. cbscotty

cbscotty New Egg

Aug 19, 2011
    Thank you for responding! ;-)

4. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    Its nice looking. i think under 200.00 max. I think chickens really need a window view. just imo. i also think chicken wire is not predator proof. sorry you have to sell them.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2011
  5. chicks4kids

chicks4kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    I would say more like $150-$200. It's a nice coop, but it's built for only a few chickens so that amount sounds reasonable enough for the entire package including the hens. I'm the type that looks at something and says "Can I build it for less than what they're asking?"

Good luck in selling it!

6. Hawkeye95

Hawkeye95 Chillin' With My Peeps

I say in the low $200 range. I have an 8X8 coop that so far I have not put $500 into.

7. RGBistro

RGBistro Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2011
    Orange County, CA
    I know it's a lot of work to build a coop (my husband is in the backyard building mine right now!). I would say that yours is in the $200 range. Sorry you have to sell!

8. I-Have-Happy-Hens

I-Have-Happy-Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Carrboro, NC
    500 is what it would sell for her there is alot worse looking coops for $350-400

9. billl2099

billl2099 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 6, 2011
    my guess would be under $200, it's small with no perches,

10. Kudzu

Kudzu Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2011
    Donate it to some organization, Boys Club, Salvation Army, etc., and get a receipt for tax purposes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by