Video/pic heavy of MF D'uccle roo Nugget, and RIP Dante and Hubert :(

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by cat_named_noodles, May 22, 2010.

1. cat_named_noodles

cat_named_noodles Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2009
    Wimberley, TX
    So when Nugget started crowing he got kicked out because we live in a neighborhood that won't allow them. It was a hard decision to make and I miss him a lot, but he now lives on our friend's 10 acre horse ranch just over an hour's drive from here. We get to visit about once or twice a month, which is great. We also gave our friend our two bantam hens as well, a blue Cochin named Dante (later re-named Matilda) and mousey-colored EE named Hubert Cumberdale. Most unfortunately and sadly both hens were killedx after they got into the wolf-dog pen and couldn't get out. This happened literally the night before our last visit. But on a better note, Nugget seems very happy (though missing his bantie girls) and struts around like he's a big-sized bird among his 4-big hen harem.
    Anyway, here's little Nugget and his new family:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Nug as a baby:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    A video of him crowing on the ranch:
    [​IMG]
    And here's a couple old pics of Hubert and Dante:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 22, 2010
  2. averytds

averytds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    KS
    [​IMG] Sorry to hear about the girls. Glad Nugget is enjoying his new home.

3. vnploveschickens

vnploveschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Nugget is having more fun wandering all over the farm and his crowing...he's just happy.

4. cat_named_noodles

cat_named_noodles Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2009
    Wimberley, TX
    Thank you both. He does seem really happy for the most part, though missing the girls, I'm sure he'll forget them eventually. Maybe in a few years we'll have a place we can keep him, if our friend will give him back. If not that's fine too, I know he's in a good place.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by