1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

video tour of my coop

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by matimeo, Aug 8, 2011.

1. matimeo

matimeo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2010
    Oregon
    This link is a video tour of my chicken coup. Hopefully helpful to anyone looking for ideas as they build their coop or just for anyone interested. Spent countless hours planning this thing and have made many modifications along the way. I think I've finally found the winning ticket, although I'd do a few things different if I had to start over. What are your critiques of my coop?

2. quintinp

quintinp Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    Quote:I like it and i like your avatar, Nice video. I like your hens as well. Looks well made.

3. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Enjoyed the "tour." [​IMG] Your watering bucket made me nervous, kind of hanging of the edge of the blocks like that - looks like it could tip over and squash a chicken. I'm sure you've made certain that couldn't happen - but the camera angle makes it look iffy.
    I LOVE having an auto door too! [​IMG] Sure makes things simpler. I like the doors on your hwcloth windows too. [​IMG]

4. wava1vaughn

wava1vaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2011
    Cairo Ga.
    Hi from Ga. nice job:D

5. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    looks nice. its the right size for the amount of chickens you have. perfect. chickens are sure happier when they are free ranging!!
    thanks for sharing! [​IMG]

6. Wise Woman

Wise Woman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    The Enchanted Forest
    Hi. Nice set up! I too live on 1/5th of an acre and it is a challenge to have the room for everything we want, but we work it out. We are lucky in that our house sits on the back left corner of the lot, leaving most of the yard up for grabs. So the half in front of the house if for humans and the left side if for the animals. Works out pretty well and the neighbors love my chickens and goats.

7. swmalone

swmalone Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2011
    Northern Utah
    Wise Woman
    Today 7:59 am
    Hi. Nice set up! I too live on 1/5th of an acre and it is a challenge to have the room for everything we want, but we work it out. We are lucky in that our house sits on the back left corner of the lot, leaving most of the yard up for grabs. So the half in front of the house if for humans and the left side if for the animals. Works out pretty well and the neighbors love my chickens and goats.

So you have goats on a 1/5 acres lot? Is it within city limits? I'm on a 1/5 acre lot and we have chickens and want to get a goat but I am pretty sure that our ordinances don't allow for goats on such a small lot. Oh well.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by