Video tour/update of our backyard birds

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by MrSimon, Feb 4, 2013.

1. MrSimon

MrSimon Out Of The Brooder

Jan 8, 2013
    It was a nice (but cold) day so I took some video of our birds.

1 person likes this.
  2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Thank you SO much for sharing this! Hercules is a stunning rooster. I have never seen peafowl in someone's yard before, so that was very interesting to me. I do know I will never get any guinea hens! :D

Love the diversity the hens in your flock, like mine. I have ducks and geese with my chickens. Oh, and four turkeys, now.

I see you are new to BYC - welcome! Perhaps you can pick up a little information, like "Plymouth Rock - Barred" usually called Barred Rocks, which are your "black and white ones."
    ;)

3. MrSimon

Jan 8, 2013
    Thanks for the nice comments!

My wife knows all the breeds, and she has them all named. She is forever reminding me who is who[​IMG]

We are pretty happy with the peas and they spend a lot of time free ranging, even at night. They seem to be very hearty birds and love roosting up in trees and on rooftops.

4. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

I just love your video!! You've got a beautiful place there! Nice and serene, just the way I'd like it! Your "flock" is gorgeous, as are your cats and your dog! Thank you for sharing it with us all.

5. MrSimon

Jan 8, 2013
    Thanks. We like it here a lot. Its funny how the flock just keeps growing .... a cat here, a hen there, a could guineas etc etc etc

We are all ready thinking about adding another building/coop.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by