Videos of the flock!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Morgan7782, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    Got some videos of the girls today, eating their favorite treat which is yogurt.

FUTURE EASTER EGGER OWNERS BEWARE! Things can get messy... LOL

2. PepsNick

PepsNick Back to Business

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    Great vids! An uh oh... I have an EE... [​IMG]

3. pnuts

pnuts Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2010
    they are so cute:) i'm gonna go feed my chickies some yogurt now

i made a chicken video too if you wanna see

4. mcostas

mcostas Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2010
    [​IMG]

5. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    It's great! And the one chicken talking talking talking in the background is my barred rock Joon. Munk answers me when I ask if she is a messy girl though lol. They LOVE messy food! [​IMG] [​IMG]

LOL love that video! Chickens are great entertainment!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2010
  6. pnuts

May 11, 2010
    Your chicken with fluffy cheeks is my fav:^]

7. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    She is a very sweet girl. The lowest in the pecking order BUT she is BFF with the Head Hen who is the barred rock, so she gets lots of privledge. She can eat right alongside the barred rock and nobody will bother her, if they do the barred rock is RIGHT there. [​IMG] I love easter eggers and their fluffy faces! [​IMG]

8. pnuts

May 11, 2010
    aww that's awesome:) i have an EE but she doesn't get along with anybody very well except for me:[ she has a crossed beak so they pick on her.. shes not that nice either i guess lol

9. gordonburrito

gordonburrito Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    Mid-Missouri
    Love your chickens (as always). I wanted to ask you, is your Brahma a poor flier? She's always got a forlorn look when Joon and Munk are up out of her reach. I've always wanted one but my wife seems to think that feathered feet = poop mops. But the "I can't leave the backyard because I'm too heavy to jump the fence" aspect is very appealing.... that at they seem like a friendly breed. Thanks for posting the vids [​IMG].

10. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    Quote:I checked out your youtube videos as well! Love the flock [​IMG]

I have actually NOT noticed any problems with the feathered feet. She will tromp through the yogurt and mud, but her feet feathers are always inpeccable! She has a real desire to be friends with Munk and Joon, but Munk is scared of her and Joon pecks her. So she is the "third wheel" lol.

She is very sweet, but not a lap chicken just because I got her as a 5 month old, and she wasn't handled in her previous home. Loved! But not handled. I traded two extra Wyandottes for the Brahma, and it has turned out to be a great choice. I am love with the breed and would LOVE a partriage or buff brahma at some time.

The only drawback is they can be a broody breed though it depeneds on each chicken. My girl has not been broody, or laid eggs yet. She also doesn't fly, in fact she rarely jumps to a perch higher then 2 feet. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by