"View" not so scintillating as a page title

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by DazeGoneBy, Aug 1, 2011.

1. DazeGoneBy

DazeGoneBy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2011
    Hi there, [​IMG]

When I created my page, I was in a huge hurry...it was 5:30pm on the last day of the coop contest, and I had about 25+ pics to upload, and my write-up to, well, write up. I seem to have missed the all-important first field in the whole process of creating a page, which is naming the durn thing. [​IMG]

I quickly watched the tutorial, and so big kudos to those who spent time and effort to show us how to get a great-looking page quick and easy.

Anyhoo, I noticed that my coop page (and, many others as well) don't have a name in the link to it from the pics of the new coop designs. It just says "View".

I admit, I'm vain and think my title is awesome and wish I could change "View" to my coop name. I scoured the forums looking for info. on how to do that. I even created another page *and named that one* so that I could view the HTML and find where the title of the page goes and what the appropriate tags are. But, this info. isn't listed in the editor.

If this is something that is a major pain (meaning, a mod has to intervene), please say that and I'll drop it. But, if it is something I can update, please please tell me how. I decided to ask the question since I see so many other pages with this same "View" link by their pic. Maybe it would be useful to others as well?

Thanks to all!

2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Yes, that's one of the problems with the current system, and it is on our radar. We never expected peeps would create their BYC Coop pages on their "homepage" also, we've found many delete their "homepage" after creating their coop page which also causes the system to go a bit wonky.

The process isn't easy, but here is how it can be done:

1) Create a new page with the coop title you want.
    2) Copy and Paste all the coop page info from the homepage to your new titled page.
    3) Do NOT delete your homepage. You can edit out all the information, add some info about your chickens, etc. with a link to your coop page, but please don't delete.
    4) Email support@backyardchickens.com with a link to your old page and a link to your new titled page asking that the index be changed to reflect the new page.

3. DazeGoneBy

DazeGoneBy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2011
    Thanks, Nifty!
    You had me up until step 4. I just am unwilling to generate unnecessary busy work for you hardworking folks here. So, I'll live with the view link as-is.
    Thanks again for all you do!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by