vinegar

jtr

Chirping
8 Years
May 6, 2011
i put great value brand apple cider vinegar in my waterer for the algea is this ok my girls are drinking it just fine and thier poop is the same

yes, it is. Actually, ACV is VERY good for them!
thumbsup.gif

k thanjk u so much i was worried because somebody said to give them braggs after i gave it to them

I know a lot of people say to give organic, but I wouldn't imagine, store bought is bad for them. I've been giving my girls store bought ACV for quite some time now, and they like the taste, and it hasn't hurt them either.
thumbsup.gif

i give my chickens ACV too. i also give it to my chicks, espically when they're young because it is said to help prevent cocci in chicks.
smile.png

It isn't bad at all, I think the organic with the "mother" in it is supposed to be a lot better. Just make sure your waterer is all plastic and the ACV doesn't come into contact with any metal, bad reaction and you'll undo all the good your trying to do.

so i used a metal table spoon would that screw it up is it still ok

what is the ratio for ACV to water? I have a 7 gallon plastic waterer, how much should I use?

Thanks

Quote:
I believe you just don't want it to sit in metal because of the corrosion reaction and the acid leeching metal into the water would not be good for the chickens.
I wouldn't be worried that simply using a metal measure for a second would cause the reaction.

Anyone else know better?

Back
Top Bottom