Vintage Chicken/Poultry Pics/Books?

KsTornado11

Songster
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
Kansas
I didn't want to hijack the thread on the 1870's poultry book,so I started a new one. Does anyone have any old poultry pics they can share? Maybe know of any good websites? I am always searching antique/flea markets and have found some good pics for my walls. My great aunt was a poultry farmer,sure wish she was around now ,sure could learn alot from her!!

luvmychicknkids

Canning Squirrel
11 Years
Mar 6, 2008
Floresville, Texas
Here is the only vintage poultry related thing I have. It is a pic of my Great Grandmother and my Grandmother feeding the chickens. I just adore this pic. Now that I finally dug it out and scanned it, I am going to print a copy for my kitchen.

KsTornado11

Songster
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
Kansas
That is SOOOO cool!! Thanks so much for sharing that? What part of the country did she live in?

luvmychicknkids

Canning Squirrel
11 Years
Mar 6, 2008
Floresville, Texas
Texas.......around the Waco area. I just adore old pics, but until you mentioned it, never thought of looking for vintage chicken pics to decorate. I do believe hanging this will start an absoltue addiction!!! I will have to hound my family to see if they have any more.

luvmychicknkids

Canning Squirrel
11 Years
Mar 6, 2008
Floresville, Texas
Yes, that would be just awesome. I like to use old (VERY old) windows as picture frames. The right ones look soooooooo cool. Haven't done any in quite awhile, though.

Top Bottom