Vintage Chicken/Poultry Pics/Books?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by KsTornado11, Mar 16, 2008.

1. KsTornado11

KsTornado11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Kansas
    I didn't want to hijack the thread on the 1870's poultry book,so I started a new one. Does anyone have any old poultry pics they can share? Maybe know of any good websites? I am always searching antique/flea markets and have found some good pics for my walls. My great aunt was a poultry farmer,sure wish she was around now ,sure could learn alot from her!!

2. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Here is the only vintage poultry related thing I have. It is a pic of my Great Grandmother and my Grandmother feeding the chickens. I just adore this pic. Now that I finally dug it out and scanned it, I am going to print a copy for my kitchen. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. KsTornado11

Jan 11, 2007
    Kansas
    That is SOOOO cool!! Thanks so much for sharing that? What part of the country did she live in?

4. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Texas.......around the Waco area. I just adore old pics, but until you mentioned it, never thought of looking for vintage chicken pics to decorate. I do believe hanging this will start an absoltue addiction!!! I will have to hound my family to see if they have any more. [​IMG]

5. KsTornado11

Jan 11, 2007
    Kansas
    I'll bet that pic would look great in a cool antique-looking-type frame![​IMG]

6. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Yes, that would be just awesome. I like to use old (VERY old) windows as picture frames. The right ones look soooooooo cool. Haven't done any in quite awhile, though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by