1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Vintage Incubator / Hatcher ? Humidaire?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by kayakfish, Jan 13, 2015.

1. kayakfish

kayakfish Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2013
    Cumberland, VA
    Hello everyone, I have this incubator / hatcher ? not sure which but thinking hatcher, by Humidaire. I don't have pics yet, but will get them, it is wooden, with a green trim, has a rounded back end where the air circulates around the eggs, has a bottom door with 7 drawers with wire bottoms and wire tops, has a metal pan in the bottom section as well.
    The Top section has its own door that folds down like a shelf, with the same fancy green trim and the fan and heat element and all the electrical are in this section.
    On the side there are 2 thermometers or one is temp and the other may be humidity, several turn knobs, a power box that has actual old screw in fuses.
    The very top has a sliding section on the front side that has 2-3 inch holes that align when you slide it one way or the other opening and closing the holes.
    The back of the incubator / Hatcher is trimmed in the same green material, but instead of being flat is like a half round drum sticking out from the whole back end.
    I will get this cleaned up and pictures taken so you guys can hopefully help me figure out what Model , Maker, and age this is. I am hoping to either fix it up to use for a hatcher for our 4-H Heritage Breed Program or trade for a newer hatcher say a GQF model.
    I will also take any offers for the Vintage Piece, and hopefully be able to get a Hatcher that we can use, that is more the size we need.
    I went to pick this up site unseen, and paid for it since the fella had pulled it out of the building to load, it is Huge, and I really don't have a place to use it due to its size.

2. kayakfish

kayakfish Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2013
    Cumberland, VA
    This Hatcher is gone, thank you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by