Vintage incubator?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by lizmundt, Jan 18, 2012.

1. lizmundt

lizmundt New Egg

Jan 18, 2012
    Yale, Ia
    I got this a couple years back on an auction and took it home and it worked after a put couple new bulbs init...seem to be a 50 quail egg incubator. I have done lots and lots of research on this and have not found one like it. It was made by a quail farmer in Baldwyn, Mississippi..if any one knows where i could get more info on it or anything please let me know thanks

[​IMG]

2. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

i don't have any info on it.. but that's a nice find!

congrats!

3. quintinp

quintinp Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    If it is a homemade incubator, then there will not be any information on the internet. If you would post some pictures of the inside, I would be more than happy to help you. I am betting that it has a wafer thermostat in it.

4. nmd82

nmd82 New Egg

Apr 30, 2015
    I have the same incubator but mine doesn't have the top glass

5. WalnutHill

WalnutHill Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 16, 2014
    SE Michigan
  6. HatchCraft

HatchCraft Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2011
    North Florida
    It does look like the power-aire in the magazine ad,and could be but I recognize It as a Floral Arts incubator . The top window is not original. Two small plastic fans, wafer thermostat on right. Knob on left side for tilting egg tray. I see them on E-bay occasionally. Manufactured in the 70's I believe.

7. Kristin Brown

Kristin Brown Out Of The Brooder

Dec 5, 2012
    Arvada, Colorado
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just given same incubator from my fianc├ęs coworker here in Golden, Colorado! Let me know what more you find out on this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by