1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Violet laced

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by JewellFarm, Jul 20, 2009.

1. JewellFarm

JewellFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Lebanon, Virginia
    Are there any violet laced birds in the us? If so does anyone know who has them and what they are?

2. chickenwhisperer123

chickenwhisperer123 Whispers Loudly

Mar 7, 2009
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    I know someone on here has dun laced, but I dont know about Violet.... I saw it on feathersite, and It looks similar to Lavender or Blue Laced, does it not?

I like it though!!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2009
  3. ChickenCharmer

ChickenCharmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Violet laced???

*dashes to feathersite*

4. blackdotte

blackdotte Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2008
    Another stupid hobby name, all they are is Silver Laced Wyandottes where the black marking have been changed to blue. Not hard to do!!!
    David

5. JewellFarm

Apr 22, 2009
    Lebanon, Virginia
    Quote:I know that. I was just wondering if anyone has them here, before I start trying to make my own. I don't want to do what has already been done.

6. JewellFarm

Apr 22, 2009
    Lebanon, Virginia
    Quote:Yep it does.

7. chickenwhisperer123

chickenwhisperer123 Whispers Loudly

Mar 7, 2009
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Quote:Yep it does.

[​IMG] I know now!! LOL

8. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    I have seen 'violet laced' before from our SLW roo on BLR hens, all it is is a blue laced silver. Cross a SLW to splash laced red hens and you should get all blue laced silver, the males will show some red, the females might. Cross those females back to a SLW cock and there you have it. Alot of people ask about them but no one here in the US is making them and selling them.

9. JewellFarm

Apr 22, 2009
    Lebanon, Virginia
    I am going to go about it a little differently, or try to, and use a different breed. I guess we shall see after a few generations of working with them, lol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by