ViolinPlayer123's Duckumentary!!!!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by ViolinPlayer123, Feb 18, 2016.

1. ViolinPlayer123

ViolinPlayer123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2015
    MN
    @Tevyes Dad
    @Julie Bird
    @Miss Lydia
    @Frindizzle
    @Debs Flock
    @Hannah Duck Lover

Hi all! So here's the official thread of my soon to be ducks! I wil be updating this thread frequently about the status of the ducks!

February 17: I mailed the order form in today, I'm getting 2 Black and White Magpie drakes and 6 ducks! I ordered them from Johnson's Waterfowl (www.johnsonswaterfowl.com) and they should be here on March 23!

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  2. Debs Flock

Debs Flock Birds on the brain Premium Member

Apr 28, 2015
    Jefferson County, MO
    [​IMG]

Very exciting!! Your "tags" didn't work for some reason. You'll get a little pop up of user names when you're typing a tag correctly (choose/click the name you're looking for) and once finished, the letters will turn blue. I haven't place my order yet, but I'm hoping for a delivery at the end of April. How did you choose Magpies? I love them and Anconas.

Here, hope you don't mind, I'll do those tags from above.

@Tevyes Dad
    @Julie Bird
    @Miss Lydia
    @Frindizzle
    @HannahDuckLover

3. Julie Birb

Julie Birb Ducks win

Mar 22, 2014
    Italy
    Aw, thank you for including me in the list. I appreciate it. I just found this today. Congratulations on what's coming. I will follow to see what you get when you do. Heehee. Webs.

1 person likes this.
  4. Julie Birb

Julie Birb Ducks win

Mar 22, 2014
    Italy
    Thank you Deb. I appreciate it.

5. ViolinPlayer123

Oct 26, 2015
    MN
    Thanks Deb! I picked Magpies because they lay lots of eggs, are pretty, and there are only 9 breeders in the US. What are you getting?

6. Debs Flock

Apr 28, 2015
    Jefferson County, MO
    Happy to help! Magpies are definitely pretty!! Here's what I'm hoping for (all females)...

2 Anconas (first choice), Magpies or Black Swedish
    2 Welshies
    2 Pilgrims

Problems is I can't find a seller that has all 3 of my choices that will sex them and sell 2 female geese. Still looking! [​IMG]

7. ViolinPlayer123

Oct 26, 2015
    MN
    The only hatchery can think that sex their anconas is Cackle where you can buy a trio fro 63$. They also have Welshies. If you got from Metzer you could Black Swedish and Welshies and either a pair of pilgrims or SR pilgrims. You could also get from Johnsons, They have magpies and silver Appleyards which are kind of like Welshies. And they have African geese but I would definitely prefer Pilgrims. Cackle also has good quality blue and black Swedish and it would be the same for the anconas. You can see I have done quite a bit of research! www.cacklehatchery.com www.metzerfarms.com www.johnsonswaterfowl.com

8. Debs Flock

Apr 28, 2015
    Jefferson County, MO
    LOL...you sound like me! Thanks for the ideas. Now I'm thinking maybe Welshie girls won't work even though I think they're beautiful. I have one large Pekin drake. I'm worried he'll be too much for Welshie women. [​IMG] It's funny you mention that because as I was sitting outside watching the ducks today (thinking maybe I can't have WH) I was wondering if Saxony or Silver Appleyards would work. They both seem to resemble WH, don't you think?

9. Julie Birb

Julie Birb Ducks win

Mar 22, 2014
    Italy
    Debs: whatever you get as your new ducks, they will be super cute. Because they are ducks.

10. ViolinPlayer123

Oct 26, 2015
    MN

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by