We're in north carolina. Long story short: virginia creeper eating my yard, primarily grapes, blueberries and my hydrangeas. Things i have tried so far: the beloved vinegar blue dawn solution; drill a hole and fill with salt; repeated rip downs; digging up the roots. Things i will never try again: weed whacking and mowing, which just sent shoots off that embedded themselves other places. I'm torn between a blow torch or herbicide. IF IF IF i went the herbicide route, my plan would be to use the brush on what's left when i cut it back as close to the ground as i can. Most of it is out front, where our chickens rarely go. If you have no experience with virginia creeper, i dont mean to be rude, but your input likely wont have much impact on my overall decision. It's a monster of a plant and really hard to kill. It would mean the world to me if someone has effectively gotten rid of it and can tell me a strategy that works! I want herbicide to be my last resort and i would rather burn, but i'm not sure if it's a good idea and i am not sure if the little bit of irritant in the roots and vines is similar to poison ivy once burned. Help?