1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Virus blocked--many times

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Arielle, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Arielle

Arielle Chicken Obsessed

Feb 19, 2011
    Massachusetts, USA
    FYI- I am surprised by the number of times my malware detects and stops a virus on this site. My malware is constantly warning me to leave this site:hit or risk invasion; of course I continue! What leave BYC?!?!? No way. THen pops up a message that virus was blocked.

Seriously, this does have me worried. THis doesn't happen to me on other sites - - Just thought you should know.

2. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

Hmmm ~ I have anti-malware running on my computer and it has never detected anything on BYC. It has detected on other sights though.

3. spish

spish De Regenboog Kippetjes

Apr 7, 2010
    Belgium
    mine has never detected anything while on byc......

4. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    I have yet to get a message like that while on BYC, either.

5. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I have never had a virus pop up on any of my Anti-virus programs from BYC.

6. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    Me too--and I only have time to browse BYC at work! [​IMG]

(government contractors with super-heavy firewalls/programs)

7. Young Heritage

Young Heritage Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2010
    Monterey TN
    I would think it could be alot of things. Things to check would be that your PC is not infected with spyware and the browser is trying to get redirected and it is blocking the redirect. A single antivirus/antispyware app will not catch everything all the time. Could be that your software alarms if a certain script runs from the BYC website. Some apps are more sensitive than others.

What software are you running? I might can test the same software from my PC or PCs.

8. GammaPoppyLilyFlutter

GammaPoppyLilyFlutter Love Comes with Feathers

Jun 26, 2010
    California
    I've never gotten a virus detection... [​IMG] That's odd.

9. Chicken.Lytle

Chicken.Lytle Chillin' With My Peeps

Maybe your router is compromised?

I never see virus issues anymore since I run Ubuntu Linux for my desktop.

10. ARose4Heaven

ARose4Heaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Flippin, AR
    I have no virus protection program. [​IMG] I have a programmer. [​IMG] My DH calls himself a "computer god". [​IMG]

You know the type, diploma on the wall, binary code instead of blood, PC parts in boxes everywhere. [​IMG]

And how does this "superman" protect my machine? Format > Reload. Grrrrrrrr. [​IMG]

I have to save-to-disc constantly, just in case the "god" decides it's time to wipe the slate and start clean. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by