1. Alethea

Alethea Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    This is a non-chicken item, but I want you to know my computer was badly infected by viruses. I don't know where they came from or whom I might have passed them on to. I am on BYC often. You might want to check your computers for viruses.

2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

We take security and virus protection very seriously. I'm very sorry to hear that you have viruses, but it is important to keep in mind that:

1) It is impossible for members visiting BYC to transmit viruses to the website
    2) We monitor our server and systems constantly, and while no system is 100% safe from malicious attacks and viruses, BYC is green lights right now (which is good / healthy).
    3) If anybody has any reason to believe they are having problems as a result of BYC (spam, virus, etc.) report it to me via PM IMMEDIATELY. Include any messages and information you have (error / virus messages, operating system, browser version, etc.)

While 99.9% of reports we receive turn out to be isolated only to the user's computer, we are determined to stay on top of any and all reports.

3. Alethea

Alethea Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Thank you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by