1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Visit with BIRDLOVER (Ellen) today ... Robin Hood has a new home PICS

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by ThreeBoysChicks, Dec 18, 2008.

1. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    So you may or may not know the story of Robin Hood. Here is the link to Ellen's initial post about him.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=1295358#p1295358

Basically, Ellen rescued him from a bad situation, he got very ill, she nursed him back to health and she has been housing him in her house for several months. His one lasting problem is that he is blind in his one eye. Last week, she decided my house would be a good place for Robin Hood to call his forever home. She PM'd me and asked me to consider it. At first, I thought "What do I want another rooster for?" I told my wife, she said, "you don't need another rooster". But then I told a co-worker who felt strongly that Robin Hood needed to come live with me.

Well, long story short, I pm'd Ellen yesterday and said, I would take him. She was here this afternoon to deliver him. Ellen is a wonderful lady and although she told her husband, she was not going to have any more chickens, I think someday, she will. Funny note, I told my wife last night, that Ellen was bringing the rooster. My wife's words were, "I knew the day you told me the story, that rooster would live here forever". At least she doesn't get mad anymore, she just accepts me and all the animals.

Here is Ellen with Robin Hood and a couple of close-ups of the sweet little guy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He will be staying in my brooder pen in the barn with a heat lamp to help him adjust to not living indoors. After a period of quarantine, this little mutt bantam hen will be joining him to be his new friend. Previously un-named, she will now be known as Maid Marian.

[​IMG]

2. toletiquesbysam

toletiquesbysam Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2008
    Nebraska
    Good For You!!! Great pictures! Hope Maid Marian and Robin Hood live happily ever after!

3. birdlover

birdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    Hi Ed,
    Just got home. Ha! I got lost just as I knew I would!! Oh well. It was a beautiful place to get lost in. Yep, that's my little boy, all right!!! I know he will live a long, happy life in your care. Thank you soo much for adopting him. Tell your wife thank you, too, and give her a hug from me!

Ellen

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

What a cute couple they are! Congratulations, Ed!

5. ThreeBoysChicks

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    Quote:Glad you made it home safely.

6. ThreeBoysChicks

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    Quote:I think they will be great together. He may be small but he is full of spirit. He loves to crow. There are 5 other roosters here and while I was at the barn, every time one of the others crowed, Robin Hood had an answer for them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by