Visited my Dad today - beautiful pictures

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Sjisty, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Sjisty

Sjisty Scribe of Brahmalot

May 18, 2009
    Brooksville
    This time last year, Daddy was in the hospital. We lost him on January 3 at the age of 84. He was the best!

We went to visit him today. It was beautiful! I just had to share with my friends at BYC.

First, here is Daddy. He is in a wall, so there is just one wreath at the entrance of his aisle.

[​IMG]

This took my breath away -
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There were some areas that didn't have wreaths yet, but mostly they were there as far as you could see. This is the Florida National Cemetary in Bushnell, Florida.

2. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

I am always inspired that somebody takes the time to put flags or wreaths at each marker. The sight of a military cemetary always makes me catch my breath.

[​IMG]

3. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    X2! [​IMG] I am sorry you lost your dad.

4. Sjisty

Sjisty Scribe of Brahmalot

May 18, 2009
    Brooksville
    Thanks - I'm sorry I lost him, too, but I'm happy I had him! He lived just short of 85 years. Lots and lots of wonderful memories.

5. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Wonderful photos. I remember that cemetery very well. I walked with my father in his later years. He was searching....looking....for old friends who fought in WWII with him. A beautiful, serene place. TFS.

6. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    The Princess and I had occasion to visit the WW II cemetery for US soldiers near Antwerp, and I was amazed at the roses on the graves and the floral bouquets along the memorial walls.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by