Visiting other BYCers is dangerous.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by froggie71, Jun 7, 2010.

1. froggie71

froggie71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Shamong, NJ
    So the past 3 weekends we have visited a bunch of BYCers. 1st it was chickenstock in New Tripoli, PA. That is where we brought home 8 new babies and a dozen hatching eggs. We met a ton of BYCers there. Everyone was just great and definitely dangerous to be around. Then last weekend we drove an hour to south Jersey and picked up 2 goslings and brought home a bunch of eggs (call and maybe mandarin). Finally yesterday we took a 3 hour drive to Maryland and brought home another gosling and 10 chicks. [​IMG] I think we need to stop visiting BYCers. We are almost finished building yet another coop and I already think expansions will be required! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 7, 2010
  2. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    Lucky for me I live in Australia then...members here are fairly well spread out all over the country....and besides....I have my hands more than full with hatching my own duck eggs...I have way too many to incubate them all.

Maybe when you hatch some of those eggs... You should invite some BYCers to come visit you!!

3. chicnfarmer

chicnfarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2010
    Ha! I thought that this thread was going to be about biosecurity and transmission of chicken diseases from one flock to another. [​IMG]

4. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Yeah- it's kinda like seeing that sign that says "free puppies"- just keep driving! [​IMG]

5. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Oh yes, there is much join and trouble from fellow BYCers! [​IMG]

6. Shannon's Chix

Shannon's Chix Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    N.E. Florida
    I got my very first chickens from Carole at Fowlvisions almost a year ago...
    I still have the "girls" I got from her, they will be here until the day they die...
    Since then I have bought from many other bycers, eggs, chickens, cages, whatever.
    This is the best community ever! (although DH may not see it that way [​IMG])

7. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    BYC members all seem to have a rather sick addiction to wanting more poultry than any of us really need, and it doesn't help that most of us are enablers. [​IMG] Well I must be off to the Psychiatrist for help with this egg addiction. [​IMG] Though I am not sure if I am the addicted or the enabler, maybe both.[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 7, 2010
  8. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    Eek. I get in enough trouble buying hatching eggs from BYCers that dont live close!
    I havent taken the step to meet any yet though I know of several around here.(shy [​IMG] )

9. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Okay... so note to self... if I find myself with too many critters make a sign (simlar to one I saw that the store)

Unattended children will be given a dozen chicks and espresso

Mwahahah...

Seriously though, I've got two BR/Amer EEs (I hope) in my shower as we speak...
    That's from meeting ONE BYCer... can't imagine if we got together in a big flock.

10. laceynoelle

laceynoelle Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    Reno
    Awww. lol im so sorry for....idk. temtation? hahahaha..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by