Visiting the dentist... just feel like offloading my woes. :P

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Fierlin1182, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Fierlin1182

Fierlin1182 powered-flight

Aug 26, 2011
    I'm heading back to the dentist in about a week's time for some minor fillings.
    Things were going well, my teeth weren't as terrible as I thought, the dentist is chatty and pretty short (Tall dentists scare me. [​IMG]), but then he brought up the possibility of needles.
    Now I'm absolutely terrified.
    Someone please tell me it isn't that bad. [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

It's not that bad. You will be fine.

Imp

3. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    I agree with Imp. Work hard at not thinking about the dentist at all. It is just one of those things that has to be done. [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Fierlin1182

Aug 26, 2011
    Thanks. [​IMG]
    I have a massive fear of needles, always have. I didn't even mind too much when he shoved a massive wad of scratchy plastic into the side of my mouth. [​IMG]

5. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Seriously, it's no big deal.

Have the Dentist put some topical on first... leave it on about 30s to a minute.

If you are really anxious, ask if they have some nitrous oxide gas to calm you down.

If you are extremely anxious, have them prescribe you some valium and then have someone drive you there and back.

I give hundreds of those injections every week and most folks feel it is only a minor discomfort.

Tomorrow I have patients from 7 to 6, Wednesday from 7 to Noon and then I'm taking a break until next Monday.

Too bad you are not in Phoenix, I'd take care of you.

6. guinea fowl galore

guinea fowl galore Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    Australia
    Nice to see you again Ray. I've been wondering where you'd got to.

I'm not much help, I HATE needles. I'm super lucky thy I don't have a filling in my mouth. But I still get petrified when going for checkups.
    Blood tests- a whole other thing. Apparently they're not supposed to hurt. But for me; theyre torture. It hurts so much, I usually have tears running down my face by the end.

7. Fierlin1182

Aug 26, 2011
    [​IMG] The Aussies' thread was revived last night, but I don't think you were on.

Never had blood taken, thank goodness. [​IMG] Others I know reckon it hurts way more than they let on too. [​IMG]
    Mahonri: What a kind offer! You sound a bit like the dentist I met today. Really nice guy. [​IMG]

8. Christie Loves Silkies

Christie Loves Silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Needles in the gums doesnt hurt at all, I've had like 10 of them, but I'm not scared of needles.

9. guinea fowl galore

guinea fowl galore Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    Australia
    Christie, your back too.

They tell you it'll just pinch like a mosquito bite. I'm wondering what kind of mosquitos they are gettig bitten by. I'm thinking the ones that are on The land if the lost.

Awful movie by the way, but I laughed for days at that bit.

10. Christie Loves Silkies

Christie Loves Silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I am back, it does feel like a pinch tho

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by