Vitamin B12 deficient and Wheat Free Recipe's!

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Tartannik, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Tartannik

Tartannik Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Wet Argyll, Scotland
    I have decided to go on a wheat free diet but I am sooooo gonna miss my cakes and home baking, so I was wondering if anyone had any wheat free recipes??
    I am vitamin B12 deficient and have read it can be linked to being wheat intolerant so thought I would give it a go as my stomach is not good!
    I have just had an endoscopy and it came back normal so am presuming I am intolerant to something??
    If anyone anywhere can tell me anything about being Vitamin B12 deficient I would be very happy [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2009
  2. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

I am vitamin b12 deficient, and I take sublingual B12 each morning.

3. Tartannik

Mar 21, 2009
    Wet Argyll, Scotland
    What is that?? I get injections in the arm every 3 months!!
    Do you have a problem with your stomach too?

4. SundownWaterfowl

Quote:You put it under your tongue for 30 seconds and let it dissolve. I think it is 2500mg (?) I never got my stomach checked, I just started taking the sublingual b-12 and it worked. It brought my levels back up to the normal range.

Also, there is a nasal spray called Nascobal nasal spray that I was going to take if the sublingual b12 didnt work.

5. Tartannik

Mar 21, 2009
    Wet Argyll, Scotland
    Thanks for that although I imagine the drugs in America are different from the ones we get here!

6. SundownWaterfowl

Quote:Oh. sorry. I didnt notice you were from Scotland. [​IMG]

7. bumpershoot

bumpershoot Chillin' With My Peeps

I am pretty sure that you can get sub lingual B vit's anywhere in the world. I bought some in Germany no problem. Here in the US you can get them where ever vitamins are sold. Just ask the pharmacist. It shouldn't take a prescription to get them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by