vitamin B12 dosage in baby chick

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by newchickiemom48, Mar 21, 2017.

1. newchickiemom48

newchickiemom48 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2014
    Does anyone know the proper dosage for Rooster Booster vitamin B12 with vitamin K for a 2 week old chick?

2. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    The dosage on the label says to give 1-3 ml daily, according to weight. 1ml would be okay for a 2 week old. It also says that the product B12 no longer contains vitamin K, so yours may be from when it still contained that. I was just wondering why you would give that product instead of a multiple vitamin such as Poultry Cell which has vitamins and trace minerals, plus the B12 and K? Usually in chicks with a problem, this is a good product, and the dosage is the same. What type of problem is the chick having?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  3. newchickiemom48

Mar 4, 2014
    showing neurologic symptoms with possible Marek's.

4. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Then, I would use Poultry Cell or another multivitamin that has riboflavin plus others. Or if you have human B Complex tablets, crush part of one tablet into some yogurt or egg for her each day. Mareks is really difficult to deal with. I remember you from your other threads. I hope that she gets better.

5. newchickiemom48

Mar 4, 2014
    Thank you. I had a 5 month period where everyone was fine. Now I have a vaccinated 3 year old hen showing symptoms and the neighbor's vaccinated baby chick with symptoms. I'm using Nutri Drench in combination with B12 for my adult hen with some improvement in symptoms and wanted to get proper dosage for the sick baby.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by