Vitamins and Supplements for your flock???

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by aerica, Feb 13, 2014.

1. aerica

aerica Out Of The Brooder

Feb 16, 2012
    I currently have a very small flock of Silkies, which I have on Purina Flock Raiser. All in all, I have no complaints about their healthy...all are doing very well. I was curious to know though, does anyone give their flock (especially ones they plan to show in the future) vitamins/supplements to their flock daily? If so, what brands do you use, and what results have you seen from this? Like I said, my flock has no health problems, but anything I can do to help give them an extra little boost I am more than willing to try! Thanks!

2. Michael Apple

Michael Apple Overrun With Chickens

Mar 6, 2008
    Northern California
  3. aerica

Feb 16, 2012
    Thank you! I would also love to hear anyone else's schedule for vitamins/suppplements! Has anyone used Rooster Booster products?

4. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Chicken Obsessed

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    You might ask this in the breeds-genetics-showing section of the forum and maybe title the post something like “Feeding Chickens to Show”. There are all kinds of tricks people use to raise chickens for show, like feeding Calf Manna or something similar to give a lot of extra protein and grow them really big or drizzle oil on their feed to make the feathers shiny.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/14/breeds-genetics-showing

That topic could make for an interesting discussion, but I don’t show chickens so I can’t give you any specific details. Good luck!

5. aerica

Feb 16, 2012
    Thank you! I will definitely do that! I am new to BYC, and haven't really figured out where the best places to post are yet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by