Vitamins deficiency

ahawkinsrn

Hatching
Sep 9, 2020
Is it possible to get a vitamin deficiency from being bullied? I have a very small Mille Fleur de’ Uccle and I noticed that the other birds peck her constantly and the next day I noticed she was lethargic and by herself a lot. I quarantined her and she doesn’t eat a ton. Her crop is never full. She is also very weak in her legs now. I force fed her feed and electrolyte water and gave her vitamins. I’m hopeful that this works.

Attachments

CurlyQuail

Songster
Jun 20, 2020
Los Angeles, CA, USA
The only way I can imagine a bird would get vitamin deficiency from bullying is if the bullies don’t let her eat. When she was with the others did she eat regularly? What has her poop been like?

LaFleche

Crowing
Sep 22, 2012
Germany
Constant bullying leads to enormous stress leading to suppression of the immune system which leads to all kinds of deficiencies and susceptibility to a variety of diseases.

I would inspect her closely for poultry mites/lice and inspect the coop as well.
Then deworm her with Flubenole 5% for 7 consecutive days or Fenbendazole (SafeGuard liquid goat dewormer) for 5 consecutive days.
After deworming a good vitamin supplement for 3-5 days would help with her convalescence.

Top Bottom