Vitamins & Electrolytes

mjdtexan

Songster
11 Years
Sep 30, 2008
Houston(ish)
I got a 8 ounce bag of "Vitamins & Electrolytes" made by a company called Durvet today.

Ingredients

Vitamin A Supplement
Vitamin D3 Supplement
Vitamin E Supplement
Riboflavin Supplement
d-Calcium Pantothenate,
Niacin Supplement,
Vitamin B-12 Supplement,
Menadione Sodium Bisulfite (Source of Vitamin K Activity)
Folic Acid,
Thiamine Hydrochloride
Pyridoxine Hydrochloride
Asorbic Acid
Sodium Chloride
Calcium Chloride
Magnesium Sulfate
Ferrous Sulfate
Pottassium Chloride and Dextrose

Is this safe to give to baby chickens? The feed-store lady recommended it. That seems like a long list of stuff to be putting in little baby chicks. Anybody here use anything like this?

It cost $4.99

Between the chicken coop, feed store, and the actual cost of the chicks there is $150 laid out and I dont even have them yet. I still need to buy pine shavings too.

It should be fun though. Maybe I can sell enough eggs to pay for chicken feed to help them to lay more eggs to buy more chicken feed to help to lay more eggs to buy more chi-----------------

Some people on here use the electrolytes when the chicks first arrive. I had some on hand in case of a weak chick, but didn't need it. They did just fine with fresh water. As I removed them from the shipping box I dipped each chick's beak into the water, then set them down in their feed tray.
When temps reached the 100 degree mark this past summer I added the electrolytes to their water and it did seem to help them cope a little better.

Back
Top Bottom