VITAMINS for my chicken??????

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by thwoody28, Jul 6, 2011.

1. thwoody28

thwoody28 Out Of The Brooder

May 11, 2011
    Wedowee, Alabama
    I am looking for a vitamin to mix with their water - any suggestions/ideas will be appreciated !!!!

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

You can buy vitamins and electrolites at the feedstore. Just add to the water.

Imp

3. earthmama24

earthmama24 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 20, 2011
    Charleston
    Any specific reason? Are you just trying to supplement their diet or are you dealing with an illness?

4. thwoody28

thwoody28 Out Of The Brooder

May 11, 2011
    Wedowee, Alabama
    Just to supplement their diet in this summer time temps...We are in the high 90's every day and was just wondering if I needed to add a little someting to their water.

5. earthmama24

earthmama24 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 20, 2011
    Charleston
    Do you feed them your fruit and veggie scraps? I personally just make sure mine have plenty of cool, fresh water throughout the day (we check it in the morning and afternoon as we live in the south and have been upper 90's here as well) and give them all our fruit and veggie scraps (which are chock full of vitamins and minerals), in addition to their regular feed. They LOVE watermelon rind, tomato peelings, any kind of berry trimmings, lettuce (the ends and any "bad" leaves we don't want to eat) and don't forget crushed up egg shells, if you aren't using them in the garden. Letting them get their vitamins this ways is more cost effective, improves the nutritional value of your eggs, is better for the environment and makes your chickies happy! Just my thoughts...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by