Vitamins?

tweetyflights

Songster
9 Years
Aug 16, 2010
Hey all, I have yet another question
roll.png
.Does anyone know the correct dosage of vitamin B (I use B1, if that matters) for an adult quail (cali.) if the feed doesn't contain any. I assume it doesn't because it's not on the nutrition or ingredients. Up till now I have just sorta been putting in about 180 ground tablets to about 40 litres (i think). Also can anyone tell me the amount of raw pumpkin seeds to put in to worm (again I've just been "wingin' it"
wink.png
) Sorry that these are such odd questions!
lol.png

For extra B1, I give my quail thawed frozen peas...but I only have a few quail. That could get really spendy really quick with a large flock.

Quote:
Yes, Quail LOVE peas don't they?! I feed mine fresh raw sugar snap peas in the pod everyday. They first chew thru the pod to get at the peas and then later eat the pea pod. They go crazy for them and they are a great natural source of vitamin B1. However yes, the price could sky rocket with too many quail.

As far as the worming with pumpkin, some folks swear by it. I have never tried it. But you are supposed to feed them raw pumpkin WITH seeds for 2 full weeks. Cut up some pumpkin, the amount you think they will eat in one day and feed it everyday.

I have never tried this and I don't know if it really worms them.
smile.png

No idea about the pumpkin. I sometimes give whole pumpkin to the ducks when they get a bit soft, but I never tried giving pumpkin in any form to the quail.

As for peas...yeah. Bird Crack!!! I SWEAR!!!

There is a riot in the duck pen if I don't bring them peas in the morning. The quail all line up by the pen door waiting for me to drop a few in there for them
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I never knew that about peas! You learn something new everyday. Seeing as I only have one (soon to be 2-3 once I find some girls
cool.png
) the vitamin in tablet form shouldn't get too expensive. But now that I know about the peas, I'll try those. But I doubt he'll eat them as he doesn't even like meal worms (scary, right?). Oh well, whatever makes Mr.Poopy, er I mean Bubbles, happy
roll.png
. haha

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom