1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

VMA Awards... who's that?... and that?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by JennsPeeps, Sep 7, 2008.

1. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Was just on msn.com checking out the red carpet pics of the VMA Award arrivals. Who the heck are all those people? Clearly NPR is not helping me stay current.

I'm only 34!!!

2. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Quote:You're too old to be watching the VMAs and you're too young to be listening to NPR.

[​IMG]

3. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

I'm right there with you. I watched about 20 minutes of the pre-show and now I'm over it!

4. JennsPeeps

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Quote:LOL!

I used to work in a so-called office (it was hell disguised with nice wood office furniture and inhabited by off-kilter toddlers masquarading as adults) where they played either country or pop all day. There was no getting away from it. Ever since I'm ruined & can't listen to pop. Never was a country fan.

DBF hates NPR with a passion! He gets so mad when I listen to it in the car.

5. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Quote:LOL!

I used to work in a so-called office (it was hell disguised with nice wood office furniture and inhabited by off-kilter toddlers masquarading as adults) where they played either country or pop all day. There was no getting away from it. Ever since I'm ruined & can't listen to pop. Never was a country fan.

DBF hates NPR with a passion! He gets so mad when I listen to it in the car.

Not to get off topic but I am so into podcasts that I barely ever listen to music or radio
    anymore, especially when driving(I drive a LOT). There are so many great podcasts
    out there.

6. coffeelady3

coffeelady3 Froths Milk for Hard Cash

Jun 26, 2008
    Tacoma, WA
    Jenn's the queen of thread hijacking. She won't mind. (And if she does, then oh well!)

My favorite podcast is NPR's Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me. There is nothing I want more in life then to have Carl Kassel's voice on my answering machine. If I could win that, then I could die a happy woman!

7. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I don't even know what the VMA's are.... [​IMG]

8. ninjapoodles

ninjapoodles Sees What You Did There

May 24, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    Quote:I'm TiVoing it JUST so I can watch all the parts with Russell Brand (hilaaaaaarious), and skip everything else. [​IMG]

My husband's two favorite phrases during stuff like this: "Who is THAT?" and "They call this MUSIC?"

9. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

I was done after 20 minutes..that was it for me. Some guy jumping around with his butt hanging out of his pants..LOL..that was amusing, but not enough to keep me watching. I went to bed....the CMA's come on tonight!!! That's my kind of award show!!! REAL music!

I did want to add that i was so happy to see Britney Spears looking good and healthy. She seems like she has it together now!!!

Last edited: Sep 8, 2008
  10. JennsPeeps

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Quote:That's soooo been done: Prince, 1991, cheeky yellow pantsuit .

Sheesh... kids these days. They think they invented scandal!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by