vomiting water and congested breathing HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Tilly's Nest, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Tilly's Nest

Tilly's Nest Out Of The Brooder

Dec 2, 2010
    Cape Cod
    Hi,
    My BO seems completely fine. Her tail is up, eyes are bright, and she is interested in eating and drinking. For the last 2 mornings, when she comes out to drink, right after she leans over and water seems to come out of her mouth. After that her breathing seems congested. When she takes another drink, her breathing gets congested. Her poops are not formed. They are soft but not watery. I separated her from the rest of the flock. I am worried that something is wrong and the vet is not open until Tuesday! Any advice?????

Thanks!

2. tammye

tammye Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    NH
    not sure, could be respiratory or a crop issue is my guess, but not really sure of this one, look up those symptoms in the search engine, i know i have read threds about chickens vomiting up water. is her crop empty in the morning? does she have a foul smell? trouble breathing sounds respiratory, unless that water is getting into her lungs, either way isolation is first, keep her warm, give her some electrolyt solution in her water. hope someone can give you some solid advice here

3. Tilly's Nest

Tilly's Nest Out Of The Brooder

Dec 2, 2010
    Cape Cod
    Her crop was flat and empty this morning and she has no bad smells coming from her mouth. Thanks for the tips and I will keep searching.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by