Vorwerk

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by FeatheredObsessions, Jul 9, 2010.

1. FeatheredObsessions

FeatheredObsessions Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Oregon
    We had someone drop off two birds with us. I'm thinking two young Vorwerk. At first I thought Brahma but then looked at some pictures closer.I'll have to gets pictures of these two... anyhoo..... does anyone have these? know much about them? sell eggs for them? or maybe know another breed resembeling Vorwerk that I should think they maybe?

2. friedeggs

friedeggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Finksburg
    They could be golden lakenvelders. They both look alike. Its very very hard to find vorkwerks. I fell into what I have or had. Sold the hen never laid an egg and the roo isn't an active breeder or very helpful with AI. But you might want to look into the G lakenvelders that may be what you have:)

3. FeatheredObsessions

May 24, 2010
    Oregon
    I can't believe I forgot to bring the pictures. I think you might be rigth on the Golden lakenvedlers. These do have a blue one the side of their head like a silkie. Is that typical with lakenvelders? I'll post picts I promise......

4. friedeggs

friedeggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Finksburg
    do you mean ears?

5. FeatheredObsessions

May 24, 2010
    Oregon
    I guess it could be the ears. They aren't very nice and run so fast. I haven't gotten a good picture of them. During the day they are moving and at night it's to dark....

6. Henk69

Henk69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2008
    Groesbeek Netherlands
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by