Vote for Your Favorite Chick Starter

Superior Chicks

Songster
11 Years
Nov 3, 2008
Washburn, WI on Lake Superior
I'm doing a rather informal poll on chick starter. What do you use?

Please list only MEDICATED feed, and not home made feeds.

I use only medicated feeds for the first 8 weeks, then generally stick with the same company but w/o the medication. But I am willing to explore all options. Even if I have to order on-line and pay the $$ for shipping, I want the peeps to have the best available. Where we live there aren't many options for us.

Its been awhile since I had babies (
ep.gif
lol no pun intended) and would just like to know what everyone is using. And if you have a reason why please expound!

Thanks everybody.

Ma

Co-op gamebird starter. No really. I'd used purina and a couple other chick starters, then I had chicks and poults.

When I saw the feather in and growth rate on that group, I've fed gamebird starter to all chicks and poults ever since. It's not that much more and there's good bang for the buck.

I've got 2 week olds with chest,shoulder, back feathering with a good start, and fully feathered wings and leg /thigh feathering (that lunatic fringe on sizzles on the thigh and feets). I was NOT getting that when they were on simple chick starter. It's been that way through the last four batches, no matter the breed, on even the slower weaker chicks.

The game starter is staying.

Back
Top Bottom