Voting and Olivia's Video

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by A Carolina Chick, Jun 3, 2008.

1. A Carolina Chick

A Carolina Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2008
    NC
    Okay, I had questions about multiple people voting from 1 computer. So, I emailed the sponsoring site and this is the answer I got.

Thanks for your question about StoryTubes voting. Voting limits are partially controlled by polling software, but in order to allow classrooms and/or schools to vote, we are also counting on adult supervision of the voting process. To allow kids at school to vote from a shared computer, turn off the cookies and monitor students so that each one votes only once. If you are voting from a home computer on an evening or weekend, that system won’t work because the polling software uses a different limiting system when school is not in session. For the four of you to vote in the after-school or evening hours, wait at least one hour between votes and you should all be able to vote from the same computer.

In case you aren’t aware, voting for this final week of the contest ends tomorrow at 11:59 p.m. EDT.

If you have other questions today or tomorrow, feel free to contact us.

Faith Brautigam
    Director of Youth Services
    Gail Borden Public Library District
    Elgin, IL 60120
    Phone: (847) 429-5970 Fax: (847) 608-5201
    E-Mail: [email protected]

Don't forget to vote today for Olivia's CHICKEN VIDEO!!! at

http://www.storytubes.info/vote/final_videos.php

2. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    Thanks Carolina! Helphelphelp I'm losing by almost 100 votes, everyone please help me!!! 1 more day left!

3. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    I just checked on your numbers, Olivia. It is crazy how many votes that little boy got in just an hour. [​IMG] There is no way.

COME ON FOLKS! VOTE! I've voted at least 50 times today, no lie! You know that's what the other boys family and friends are doing. Olivia's video is sooooo much better presented. VOTE!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by