W/BW Ameraucana gender? (PIC Heavy!)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Frost Homestead, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Frost Homestead

Frost Homestead eggmonger

Jul 9, 2011
    Lago Vista, TX
    I'm pretty sure 4 of them are pullets, but I wanna get someone more familiar with them to offer their opinion

[​IMG]
    ^^ the one I suspect is a cockerel is circled on the left. He has dark colored feathers coming in on his neck, a dark rust color. This was about a week ago. They are 3 weeks old now and he's got a lot of black coming all over in so I'm thinking Wheaten. Also, I circled the one on the right because this one is much lighter than the rest, she has only a tiny touch of blue. maybe a splash?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ^^ here's the suspected cockerel

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ^^ here's the lightest one with no blue and very light pastel buff color coming in on her neck

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ^^ this one and the next two are all identical. if it weren't for the little spot on one of their heads I wouldn't be able to tell them apart

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ^^ pretty sure it's a pullet

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ^^ the third one. all these ones are getting a pastel buff color coming in on their necks. at least one unfortunately lacks the muffs/beard

Excuse the dirty feet and beaks. they were having a little feeding frenzy after I got home from work

So what do you think?

2. Frost Homestead

Frost Homestead eggmonger

Jul 9, 2011
    Lago Vista, TX
    I'm inadvertently giving this a bump. should I post this in the Ameraucana thread instead?

3. cashdl

cashdl Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2008
    Willits
    I would because they would know what they were looking at.

Lanae

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by