1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

WA/OR - Standard Polish + Bantams - Silkies, Cochins, Japanese, D'Ucces

Discussion in 'Chickens 8 Weeks & Older' started by ChickenHermit, Mar 25, 2017.

1. ChickenHermit

ChickenHermit Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2015
    Astoria, OR
    I have too many chickens! So I am seeking new homes for them. They have been raised as pets, and are friendly towards people - none are aggressive.

Most are roosters, but there are some hens available as well. I have a strong preference for hens to go with a rooster - in fact, if you get a hen, the roo is free!

Birds are heavily discounted for 4H kids - please inquire!

Can deliver between Astoria and westside of Portland, including southern Washington.

Standard Chickens:
    White Crested Black Rooster $10 - 9 mos. old, named Kielbasa,. Kiely is a really nice roo- a bit nervous, as polish tend to be, but will settle right down in your lap once you nab him. He was in the bantam bin, but turned out to be standard, and he's just too big for my bantam hens.

Bantam Chickens:
    Silver Partridge Bearded Silkies (2) $10 - I have two; Fritz is a roo, and Hild is undecided, though I suspect a particularly docile rooster. They are both 9 mos. old. $10 for one or both. Either are free with a hen.

Buff Beardless Silkies (2) - Two, one rooster and one hen - we call them Descartes and Pascale (because chicken math). Pascale is a particularly friendly hen. They are both 9 mos. old. $20 for both, $20 for the hen on her own, and $10 for the roo on his own.

[​IMG]

White Beardless Silkie Rooster - $10, or free with a hen. Trouble is a beautiful roo! He is also very curious and intelligent (for a chicken). While he isn't typically aggressive towards people, he can occasionally be a bit cranky with other roos. He is 2 years old.

[​IMG]

Black Beardless Silkie Rooster - $10. Spike is black with a bit of red in him. He can be a bit shy, and is 9 mos. old.

Buff Cochin Rooster - $10, or free with a hen. Henry is kind of a weirdo but a wonderful sort of werido. He was raised by a large family with small children, and is basically used to being a teddy bear- totally easygoing! So easygoing he's been letting the hens pick his neck feathers! :-( He would make a great family pet. He is also a wonderful rooster if you are raising chicks- he's obsessed with babies, sits with broody hens on the nest, and has been known to brood chicks himself! He is 2 years old.

White Cochin Hen - $20. Ceridwyn can be a bit standoffish at first, but she calms down as she gets to know you. She is 1 year old.

[​IMG]

Black Tailed White Japanese Rooster - $10, or free with a hen. Like most japanese bantams, Phillipe is very easy going and doesn't mind being held. He is 1 year old.

Mille Fleur D'Uccle Rooster - $10, or free with a hen or Ares (below). Hermes is beautiful but can be a bit skittish. He's been handled quite a bit, though, and he calms down once he's being held. He is best friends with Ares, and I'd love to see them go together. He is 1 year old.

Splash (Golden Neck) Belgian D'Uccle Rooster - $10, or free with a hen or Hermes (above). Ares (we call him Reese) is super friendly and easygoing - he'll let you pet him and pick him up. He would make a great family pet! He is best friends with Hermes, and I'd love to see them go together. He is 1 year old.

[​IMG]

Blue Dutch Bantam Rooster - $10, or free with a hen. I love JB! He's a wonderful rooster for a flock - always finding food for his hens, and herding everyone in at night. He really needs a flock of his own! He's also super friendly with people - he will literally come land on you seeking pets + treats! He is 1 year old.

Black and Gold/Red Silkie X Japanese Cross (4) - Two roos and two hens. $10 each or per pair. These oops! babies came about when one of our hens hid a nest from our pet sitter this past summer. They are all extremely easygoing and beautiful birds! They are all 9 mos old.

[​IMG]

Black and Gold/Red Silkie X Cochin Cross (Silchin) Roosters (4) - $10 each, or free with a hen. All four of these roosters take strongly after their father and grandfather, who are both amazing roos - they look after their hens, and are very protective and nurturing with chicks! These oops! babies came about when one of our hens hid a nest from our pet sitter this past summer. They are are friendly towards people, and are all 9 mos. old.

Silver Quail Silkie X Cochin (Silchin) Hen - Freya is fierce! And very prone to being broody- she would be great for raising chicks. She is also very curious and friendly. She is 9 mos. old.
    I have too many chickens! So I am seeking new homes for them. They have been raised as pets, and are friendly towards people - none are aggressive. They are also all small- bantams and a polish, and subsequently are not appropriate for eating.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by