Waaa! RIP Monica

dishfickle

Songster
11 Years
Jan 26, 2012
I already posted this in predators, but I'm so upset! My little Monica was killed by a mink last night. I didn't even know we had those.
She was my favorite little call. I loved how how she waddled like a 13 year old girl in her first high heels. I know it's just how their books are shaped, but she was always smiling lol.

Attachments

• 20180619_204616.jpg
    20180619_204616.jpg
    253 KB · Views: 44
I am so sorry about your Monica. She sounds like a wonderful little girl, and I'm sure you will miss her for a long time.

Mink are wretched murderers and the only animal I will ever take pleasure in eradicating. They are the reason everything here is now protected by hardware cloth, since anything bigger than a one-half-inch opening allows them to get in.

Three of my four laying hens in one coop were killed by a mink last winter, and the lousy killer refused to run off -- even with me chasing it with a three-tined cultivator in hand. It came back later in the wee hours to try for Honey, the lone survivor from that coop. I had moved her and once again gave chase.

I hope your other babies stay safe.

Awe that’s always so hard. I had a fox dug under my fence. He couldn’t get all the way under but he ran around the other side so it scared the birds and set them running under the fence and the fox grabbed them as they ran out. Lost 13 seramas. I wanted to make him into a bath mat too but haven’t seen him. Glad you were able to save your runner.

Great news about your girl! My lone survivor of last winter's attack is going to get new roommates this week. She seems to have chosen the Faverolles as her new flock, and since she has even allowed them to lay in her nest box, I figure it's time to move them in. But I gave her time and let her make the choice of roomies. They are extremely docile and she's a bit bossy, so the pecking order has already been established. Best wishes for your girl's recovery.

Back
Top Bottom