WAAAAAAAAAA My male duck died!!! The girls were too much for him!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Fudgie, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    My male duck died, sorry Shelly, no more pekin eggs for a while....we got 30 days max and then no more! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Anyone in MO got any pekin duck males for sale cheap!!!

I don't know what happened but from what the scene looked like, I think he was in the middle of breeding! (ok TMI) but that was the weirdest sight. I am just so sad, he was such a good duck daddy.

Shelly you got to cherish these duck eggs i am sending you.

2. nettie

nettie Enslaved by Indoor Ducks

Nov 20, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    awww i am so sorry to hear that! poor thing. how old was he?

3. Fudgie

I think he was about a year and half old.

He was very fertile, and we have gotten about 4 doz eggs from the ducks from him. I am hoping and praying that he left me some drakes from those eggs. I have a few new ones coming on and ........I am just confused and amazed this could happen.

He was very young to have that kind of an issue. I guess 3 girls are too much! LOL

4. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Oh no!! That is terrible! I hope these I have from you hatch! [​IMG] If you were closer I'd give you one of my drakes! I'm so sorry Jenny! [​IMG]

5. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Quote:I think most males would chose that as the best way to kick the bucket...

6. nettie

nettie Enslaved by Indoor Ducks

Nov 20, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    is there any way for you to be more descriptive with out being well, rated R? Do you think it was from the stress?

I guess having 3 girlfriends to keep happy would stress any male out...

7. kinnip

kinnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    I'm so sorry. What a way to go.

8. Fudgie

Buff you and my DH were on the same wavelength...what a way to go...

Well you know the curleyque used for breeding It was extended and frozen there. Therefore my guess of what was going on. He was flat on his tummy and neck extended out, some feathers in his beak...what do you think?

My guess is he overstressed himself! And to top it off he only had 2 girlfriends until yesterday....We gave him a fresh new kid on the block....3 1/2 month old hottie! Wouldn't that make your heart go pitter patter! My guess is he was pretty happy with her....lol.

It is not humorous but it sort of is. I loved that little guy and now we don't have a drake! URGH! [​IMG]

9. Gloria

Gloria Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh my gosh, I didn't realize something like that could happen! I'm so sorry! Does something like that happen very often? Does anyone know? Man I hope not, I have 3 drakes and 1 duck. I wish you wasn't so far away too. Because I would send you 1 or 2 in a hearbeat! So sorry this happened to you.

10. Fudgie

You guys are soo cool. I wish you lived closer too! I think DH and I are just going to wait till spring and get a fresh new man on the block for all the girls....maybe a couple men!

I have heard of it happening but never HAD it happen till now! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by