1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Waaaaah my baby misses me!!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by QuinnP, Nov 18, 2010.

1. QuinnP

QuinnP Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2010
    Oregon
    I got a precious card from my girl Aaren. I've been carrying it around for 2 days. She mailed it by herself & didn't tell her adoptive parents!! It says

"Thank you for taking care of me all years until we were seprated (adorable mis-spellings) I relly mss you Mommy but mabbe we cod see each other again some day. Love Aaren"

I've been alternating between thrilled that she loves me & sad that she is upset. She drew a sad face with tears. I wrote her back & told her how proud I was of her, & how I cherish her every second of every day. How sorry I am that the world tore us apart. I couldn't stay in the same town with soneone my daughter called 'Mom' It hurt too much.

I'm getting her a pink Zhu Zhu hamster for the Solstice which is the 21st of December. Its convincing the adoptive folks who I also love dearly to let her open it on the 21st instead of waiting til their "Christmas" thats hard. I always get Dad a weird looking necktie every year.

WAAAAAAAAHH!!!

2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG]

3. User66184

User66184 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2010
    East Coast, Virgina
    Awwh! sounds like you have a sweet DD!

Nikky

4. SarahBeth9394

SarahBeth9394 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2008
    I really think you should tell her that they are her parents and she shouldn't hide things from them. Also you should respect that they are her parents and it's their decision what holidays they choose to recognize. If you respect them and tell their daughter that she needs to as well they will respect you more and be more welcoming of their daughter having a relationship with her biological parent. I understand that you love her but you need to love her enough to do what is best for her and her believing that doing things behind her parents backs is ok is definitely not in her best interest. And it's not in your best interest either. If they see their daughter lying (by omission) to them because of you they surely won't go out of their way to let you have any part in her life. Don't get me wrong I really hope that things work out. But you need to know how lucky you are that she even knows who you are.

5. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

Gee, no criticism here, just a big hug. I'm so glad you heard from your girl.

6. MysticScorpio82

MysticScorpio82 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Maine, USA
    [​IMG] Great, now I am tearing up in real life.... [​IMG] I have no clue about the circumstances that lead to all this and what is happening now, but I am giving you HUGE hugs! It is obvious your baby loves you very much and misses you! I am so so sorry for what every lead to her not being with you and I pray peace and that even though you are not together, that your love for each other will remain and that you will have a relationship with her for the rest of her life. [​IMG]

7. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    Remind her - and yourself - how fortunate she is to have three adults in her life who love her so very much that they put what is best for her ahead of their own feelings. It does not really matter what the circumstances were that separated you except that you eventually gave her up to some one else who you thought could better care for her. To me there is no greater love. [​IMG]

I don't see how sending the gift for her to her parents and asking if they would be willing to let her open it on the 21st would be a problem..... The worst they can do is give it to her on the 25th and you'll be none the wiser......

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. User66184

User66184 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2010
    East Coast, Virgina
    I agree With chickensducks&agoose

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2010
  9. QuinnP

QuinnP Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2010
    Oregon
    the short & ugly version:

Her daddy decided to hang himself & I ended up homeless with a 5 month old, he died January 5, 2000, early in the moring.

I asked my parents if they would take her in & care for her until I could get my carcass on its feet

I tracked down my birthmother whichh annoyed the adoptive folks,

married again in 2002, to Nathan who is less than normal in a good way & still uses the word 'groovy'

they refused to give her back to me & took me to court. Dad is a lawyer. The pro bono dork that I was assigned to was his old buddy. He's got money, I dont

they got custody & I couldn't stay in the same town where my child called someone else Mom. I moved to Oregon.

some hurts go too deep to heal. Aaren was & is my only reason for existance, to be her mother.

Nuff said

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by