Waaaaahhhh!!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by percyj, Jul 9, 2010.

1. percyj

percyj Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    Every day I go to the lake to watch the mallards. There is one mom with her 2 approx 5 wk old babies that I always see, there is a Canada goose with an injured wing(can still swim, can't fly gotta call game reserve) and there is another momma. Two days ago she had 9 less than 3 wk old ducklings. Yesterday she had 4. Today she has 2. It's so saaaaaaaaad!!!!![​IMG]

2. Bryanccfshr

Bryanccfshr Out Of The Brooder

Mar 29, 2010
    Farmington , NM
    That's life in the wild. In the Arctic where I worked for 8 years every summer the geese, swans and ducks would arrive to raise their young. THe foxes could always be seen running with an egg or a chick in their mouths. THe Ravens would hunt the chicks from above and the season was so short some chicks never matured enough before the hard winter weather hit. Yet enough survived that the swans, geese and ducks kept returning to give their show every year. Some of my fondest memories is traffic stooppp[ing in the largest oilfield in north america to let a family of gees and gosslings cross the road.

3. secretquail

secretquail Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2010
    Chapel Hill
    It is so sad, but could you imagine a world where each duckling survived? Yowsers!

4. percyj

percyj Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    I couldÂ…by kicking every annoying person I know off the face of this earth

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by