WaaaHoooo Baby's came in the mail this morning...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by dcbcaaron, Feb 12, 2009.

1. dcbcaaron

dcbcaaron Out Of The Brooder

Feb 3, 2009
    Dry Creek, LA
    My Brother-n-Law and I went together and purchased some black star chicks from ideal hatchery a few weeks back, we have been patiently awaiting their arrival all the while getting brooders set up and ready to go. They came in this morning!! ! ! ! ! ! We are both so excited. The chicks were pretty excited to to be able to stretch out in their new home too. I also have an incubator coming in either today or tomorrow, i can't wait to get it fired up.

2. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    [​IMG] Congrats!!

When did they get shipped? Reason I ask is, we've got some babies from Ideal that were shipped yesterday at 4:30pm. Have fun with your fuzzy butts!!

3. dcbcaaron

Feb 3, 2009
    Dry Creek, LA
    ours got shipped yesterday, but Ideal told me to expect them on friday, i guess the mail was just running fast yesterday.

4. PortageGirl

PortageGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Hooray!!! You KNOW we'll all ask for pics!! everyone loves to admire the little fuzz balls!!

I know there's all sorts of horror stories out there about the mail, but there's plenty of em who notice the boxes that make chirpy sounds and take extra care, and get them to the head of the queue so they get there as fast as possible too.

Folks from a lot of the rest of the world are pretty amazed at our mail system, imperfect though it may be.

5. rendonhen

rendonhen Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2009
    rendon, tx
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] ours came in this morning around 7:30 a.m. we ordered from I deal as well. They all looked good but one has spradle legs. we are trying to nurse it back to health. we had ordered 12 and recieved 20 LOL:lau They are eating, drinking, pooping, and running around. They are so fun to watch. I love them all, especially the one with spraddle legs. i hope he comes out alright.

6. CountryMama

CountryMama Out Of The Brooder

Mar 10, 2007
    West Michigan
    Quote:what breed did you have with spraddle legs? im jealous you got extras [​IMG]

7. dcbcaaron

Feb 3, 2009
    Dry Creek, LA
    yea, we ordered 38, and got 39, so not as many extras, but still a bonus, all of ours seem ok.

8. rendonhen

Feb 11, 2009
    rendon, tx
    [​IMG] My baby chick with spraddle legs is walking around, reminds me of a one year old lol. At least it is eating and drinking now. Hopefully she will make a full recovery. As for the breed i am not sure yet. We got an assortment of feather legs. When hubby gets home we will decide which breed it is. I will be posting pics soon, hopefully

9. Quail_Antwerp

Quail_Antwerp [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    Ours came today as well! We only ordered 7 Silver Duckwing OEG Bantams, and we received 9 packing peanuts, for a total of 16. Two of those packing peanutes were 2 extra Silver Duckwings, lost one of those in shipping, the other packing peanuts I think are black sex links?

Anyhoo....so we have 8 Silver duckwings, so bonus for us!! [​IMG]

10. rendonhen

Feb 11, 2009
    rendon, tx
    This is what the babies looked like when we opened the box this morning[​IMG] This is STACEY our straddled legged[​IMG] another pic of [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by