WAAH!! I think all my EE's are Roos

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Azriel, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Azriel

Azriel Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Montana
    Well, I guess I'm not going to get to many pretty blue/green eggs from them.
    Even the one I was sure was a pullet is turning into a roo, ony one has started crowing, but all the rest are watching him, and getting ready to crow too, I can see it in their eyes when he crows.
    So, now what, do people really eat their EE's? They are so good looking, and these guys have all been hand raised and are super friendy.

2. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas
    YEp, Soup Pot for them boys! [​IMG]

3. Azriel

Azriel Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Montana
    On a brighter note, I think (fingers crossed & knocking on wood) that my wheaton/blue wheaton Ameraucanas are all girls. They are the same age and not showing any boy signs yet.

4. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas
    Quote:That's good. I have Easter Eggers and plenty of Wheaton hens. I found a Blue Wheaten rooster locally and have hatched off 9 babt chicks from them, I thing they are going to be blue and wheaten and maybe a blue wheaten. I also got some chipmunky colored ones and a couple gold and black.

5. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

awww.. sorry you didn't end up with a bunch of girls..

I have 15 easter egger chicks now and have no idea who's what.. they are only a couple of weeks old though.. so time will tell..

I'm only planning on keeping one rooster.. the rest will go to freezer camp

6. Delta2 23

Delta2 23 Flock Master

Sep 4, 2008
    Awww, that's bad luck!

I hope you get a better outcome next time [​IMG]

7. Lizl

Lizl Out Of The Brooder

May 8, 2011
    Oh bother! I bought 50 Leghorns when they were 9 weeks old. They'll be 18 weeks next weekend, but now more than half of them seem to be fiesty young boys! How will I ever find it in my heart to eat them?![​IMG]

8. Obyli

Obyli Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2011
    California Torrance
    I have 4 leghorns and 1 is roo and 3 is hen:)....but 2 of them was eatten by my golden retriever:((((((and both is a hen.

9. turbodog

turbodog Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Independence, La.
    I ain't all that happy about having two of my eight be roos. I can't imagine if all of them turned out to be boys. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by