wacky egg week

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by lauracarmer, Jan 25, 2008.

1. lauracarmer

lauracarmer Out Of The Brooder

Dec 30, 2007
    All of the sudden my girls started laying like crazy, even in the cold and wet of winter!
    My RIR is slowly becoming more regular at laying, but still does it with a lot of drama.
    My Ameraucanas just started laying. I got 4 green eggs this week and one tiny rosy brown one (that I thought was from the RIR)followed by a normal sized of the same color today. With the darker brown color I know it's not the RIR or OEG, so it must be the other Ameraucana!

I got quite a variety of sizes and colors this week:
    [​IMG]
    L-R: store bought, OEG, RIR, Ameraucana, Ameraucana

Just wanted to share with people who would understand [​IMG] I also just brought my girls inside the garage for the night because their coop is soaked from the constant rain. I was just too worried about them being wet (not so much cold) outside all night.

2. Fancy Feather Poultry

Fancy Feather Poultry Cooped Up

May 30, 2007
    [​IMG] congrats, and its weird how chickens function huh?

3. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

What a pretty assortment. I think I need to get at least ONE white egg layer. Hmmmmm,

4. Churkenduse

Churkenduse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2008
    I am in total awe of them. I caught my white eared pullet laying brown eggs this week. [​IMG]

She is supposed to lay white. I am so jealous of you I want more eggs, where are my Rir's Even the Lakenvelders that I adopted stopped laying. [​IMG]

You have some fantastic assortment.

5. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    How pretty - all pastel shades !

My RIR lay pretty dark brown eggs..... (See my OMG I got a green one post) all the dark brown eggs are from my RIR..... how odd is that. Page 4 of that has the best pic

Last edited: Jan 25, 2008
  6. Nichole77

Nichole77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2007
    Arizona
    Number 3 please step forward. Turn to the left. Yes thats the perpetrator.

7. LisaJean

LisaJean Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Bad eggs, bad eggs
    Watcha gonna do?
    Watch gonna do when they come for you?

Last edited: Jan 25, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by