Wafer thermostat placement

bigoledude

Songster
9 Years
Jan 16, 2011
SE, Louisiana
Since I began researching on how to build my incubator, I have seen and read many times where the people who use the "water heater" thermostats got much better performance when the thermostat was located very near the heat source.

My thermostat will be a "wafer" type. My incubator will have a false wall in the back where the two 100 watt halogen spots and two of the fans will be located. I am gonna set it up so that I will have the warmed air entering in both of the top corners. Because my spots will be 18-inches apart, near the corners, I would have to choose which side to place the thermostat if I chose to have it near the heat source. My preference is to have the thermostat in a central location where I might get a better "average" temperature. Can I expect +-1 degree differential in temps if I put the wafer thermostat between the two spots?

Since I began researching on how to build my incubator, I have seen and read many times where the people who use the "water heater" thermostats got much better performance when the thermostat was located very near the heat source.

My thermostat will be a "wafer" type. My incubator will have a false wall in the back where the two 100 watt halogen spots and two of the fans will be located. I am gonna set it up so that I will have the warmed air entering in both of the top corners. Because my spots will be 18-inches apart, near the corners, I would have to choose which side to place the thermostat if I chose to have it near the heat source. My preference is to have the thermostat in a central location where I might get a better "average" temperature. Can I expect +-1 degree differential in temps if I put the wafer thermostat between the two spots?
That sounds good. I use 2 (75 watt) light bulbs for heat. Here's a picture of my wafer thermostat placement.

(In the picture I am using 2 (40 watt) light bulbs.) I only used them as to test if I had wired it correctly. I didn't have the 2 (75 watt) bulbs on hand at the time.

That sounds good. I use 2 (75 watt) light bulbs for heat. Here's a picture of my wafer thermostat placement.

(In the picture I am using 2 (40 watt) light bulbs.) I only used them as to test if I had wired it correctly. I didn't have the 2 (75 watt) bulbs on hand at the time.

Back
Top Bottom