1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Wahoo first eggs!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by crazyh717, Oct 18, 2016.

1. crazyh717

crazyh717 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 30, 2016
    Carlsbad nm
    Finally got my first eggs, I haven't been checking Ina few days because I been bedridden so I'm not sure when they were laid, but I got these three when I finally was able to move this morning [​IMG]
    The one on the far right is a lil more brown then the middle one.
    I have 8 hens, I'm wondering if only 2 are laying or three for now, but I officially have a believe that I'm going to start getting a lot of eggs soon.
    I'm going to have to start checkig everyday right?
    Because I don't want them to go broody tell next year (yup I have a rooster.)
    I am so thankful for the ones who helped me fix everything and keep up with the coop and learn everything, I think kicking out the three extra roosters might have helped my hens a lot!!

1 person likes this.
  2. blairctchickens

blairctchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2016
    North East Kansas
    Nice Looking eggs!! From the looks of the picture and the color and size eggs you have three girls laying. Yes you will need to check daily to gather the eggs. You do not have to have a rooster for one to go broody. They will be broody if it is in their DNA. For those girls who do go broody get some gloves one and be prepared to get pecked while reaching under her to get the eggs. If one of the girls is really broody then there all lots of threads on how to break a broody hen. Good luck and happy gathering!!

3. crazyh717

crazyh717 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 30, 2016
    Carlsbad nm

Tthank you! I hope they don't try for a long time. I'm thinking one of my Easter eggers are laying the greenish one.

And they love to peck at my toes lol I really don't want em trying for my hands! And once one of them tries to go broody I'll be on here looking up those threads !

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by