Waiting around - AKA Whats new in your pen or incubator??

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Marty1876, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Marty1876

Marty1876 Hi Everyone!

This thread if for folks (like me and some others + you) who are just passing time waiting for something to happen at our usual haunts....

So, while you are hear, just tell us whats new for you..

I'll go first!

I just ordered some silky eggs today to arrive the 15th or 16th of March, to conincide with THE BIG HATCH DAY our excellent freinds here at BYC have lined up for us! [​IMG] I'm very excited, becasue these will be the first chickens I've had in about 3 years. I'm a keeper of quail, turkey, and ducks usually.

I'm dying to candle the eggs in my incubator (quail and choclate turkey right now) just to see how things are going, but its my opinion that its better to not fuss with them too much, so I shall attempt to not give into my neurosis. (Its tough, becasue one of my favorite sights is about whats hatching, and they've always got great pics going on!) Me, I have not figured out enough about this blasted computer to even know how to post them!!

What up with you??

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  2. OwlLover

OwlLover Alaskan Wanderer

Aug 25, 2011
    Few weeks ago ordered 2 salmon faverolle chicks, 1 barnevelder chick, and 1 ancona chick.

3. Marty1876

Marty1876 Hi Everyone!

Wow, that'll be a fun assortmant! What are you gonna do with them?

4. chicklover16

chicklover16 queen of flirts

Jun 3, 2011
    Em's Dungeon
    hmm.... what's new. Well I just registered for the summer teen swim leage! [​IMG]

5. OwlLover

Aug 25, 2011
    They'll all pets = ) But I'm also REALLY desperate for some hens right now, considering that I've got 3 roosters and only 3 hens for each one [​IMG]I don't know how they are getting along. But there are 3 polish chicks and 1 sebright chick in the brooder right now and 2 1 year old bantam hens getting ready to go to the coop with the roosters. Even then I still need some more hens, but I plan on getting a few brahmas and some silkies pretty soon.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  6. Marty1876

Marty1876 Hi Everyone!

I love silkies! so unusual, and very good mamas. They love to sit. I have a picture of a little brown one on top of 3 two week old peking ducks! OMG, but they were bigger than she was!! [​IMG]

7. Marty1876

Marty1876 Hi Everyone!

Sounds fun. Get your ducks in a row, and you'lll be ready! And so will they. [​IMG]

8. OwlLover

Aug 25, 2011
    [​IMG] My sizzle had her first egg yesterday [​IMG]She was trying to incubate it as she was sitting on it and was turning it with her legs when I went out to close the coop!

9. chicklover16

chicklover16 queen of flirts

Jun 3, 2011
    Em's Dungeon
    hahaha [​IMG]

10. OwlLover

Aug 25, 2011
    I'm also getting an incubator soon and plan on hatching some polish eggs. = D

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by