1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

waiting for eggs in the mail

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by RockyToggRanch, Dec 18, 2008.

1. RockyToggRanch

RockyToggRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2008
    Upstate NY
    This is making me crazy! I bought eggs from 4 different states that should have all shipped out on Monday. I received eggs from Texas on Wednesday. I expected 3 pkgs to be at the po today.[​IMG]
    Nothing from Fla, Ohio or NC. All closer to me than Texas. I'm getting worried about the little buggers.

2. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    I'm also waiting for eggs shipped Monday. I wouldn't worry too much until they don't come today. Do they have tracking numbers?

3. RockyToggRanch

May 22, 2008
    Upstate NY
    They didn't come today. I had the P.O. hold all my packages for the week and I stop in and check each day. Nothing today.

4. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    Then I would be a little concerned. But with the holiday rise in packages being sent, who knows? Maybe they're just a little slow. You could contact the sellers and ask if they got a tracking number. I always do when I ship eggs, for this exact reason.

5. farmergal

farmergal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2008
    Nor Cal
    I had the same thing happen a couple weeks ago, and I was freaking out. For some reason it took eggs from VA (across the country) 2 days to get to me and eggs from Texas (a lot closer) 4 days. Both shipped the same way. Keep waiting, and hopefully it'll all turn out okay!

BTW, I candled the eggs from Texas last night (that took so long to get to me) and only 1 appears to be clear. Who knows WHAT the PO was doing, but luckily they weren't scrambling all of my eggs...

6. I sold eggs on e-bay last month to CA(I live in MD)...the buyer didn't get them for weeks and then e-mailed me on the 21st day and they got them!!! I was SO mad at the PO! I sent them Priority and had a confirmation on them...that's all the confirmation did was tell me that they had been shipped on the day I shipped them and then 21 days later said the item was received!!! I was SO mad! I called the USPS and they didn't seem to care at all...never apologized or anything. [​IMG]

7. Animal123Animal

Animal123Animal Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2007
    Lake Mathews Calif.
    I got some eggs on here about a month ago and still no box the my post office got it three weeks ago but has lost it in the office they know they have it somewhere but still can't find it but will send it out as soon as they do. No sorry, no nothing from them. It's sad the people that they have working for the post office. No love. I hope your makes it soon Dennis

8. gamebirdsonly

gamebirdsonly Overrun With Chickens

Mar 5, 2007
    UTAH
    I have had they same problem, 2 boxes of eggs I sent out have gotten lost in last couple weeks. it ticks me off.

9. RockyToggRanch

May 22, 2008
    Upstate NY
    [​IMG]
    I waaaant my eeeeggggs.....

10. Oh Cindy! I hope they are all waiting for you tomorrow morning at the PO.
    Try not to worry too much.
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by