Waiting for first egg

Leihamarie

Songster
Jul 28, 2016
San Diego
argh! The waiting between 16 weeks and when they finally start laying is AGONY, LOL!!!! 20 weeks old and counting with no first egg to speak of. Just had to "vent" lol!!!! I know age at POL is TOTALLY different for each pullet but I have been waiting for what SEEMS like forever now for my very first egg and I'm just DYING to see what color my EEs are gonna lay so I can know what breeds I need to add for a robust colored egg basket!

I know the anticipation can be hard but the wait will be worth it once you come across that first egg. Be patient, they'll surprise you with one when they're ready!

I have 6 EE pullets in my flock and only 2 just started laying this week... 24 wks old... that first colored egg is so exciting! The one I know for sure is laying (seen her nesting) about a week ago out of the blue she came right up to me and squatted.. she just about laid down and normally she did not want me to touch her at all. She got in the nest the day b4 her egg came and spent about 3 hrs in there getting situated

Back
Top Bottom