waiting for incubator to arrive!! :)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by mrs_ed, Aug 8, 2011.

1. mrs_ed

mrs_ed Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2010
    Phx, AZ
    I'm very excited to try incubating for the first time! Incubator should be here soon I'm checking the tracking everyday! [​IMG] I am kind of nervous though, wondering if I should try some eggs that I really want, like BLRW or some olive eggers, or go for something not so special for the first time using it :?
    So thankful for all the great info on here, I'm reading and reading and reading.... [​IMG]

2. Bantam Username

Bantam Username Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2011
    Wiltshire, UK
    I'm a first timer myself, my incubator arrived today, just set it up to check its working and will be setting my first eggs in it on Weds. Soooo very exciting! [​IMG]

3. farmgirlforever18

farmgirlforever18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2010
    Dublin TEXAS
    good luck

4. Cowgirl71

Cowgirl71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Missouri Ozarks
    [​IMG]

Which incubator did you order? [​IMG]

I would highly recommend incubating cheap eggs for your first go round, just my 2 cents. [​IMG]

5. mrs_ed

mrs_ed Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2010
    Phx, AZ
    I ordered a GQF Hovabator 1602 with the automatic egg turner, I had limited budget and found one for $65 on ebay [​IMG] I asked on here prior to ordering and seemed like for my budget it was the best bet.

Bantam what eggs are you incubating for first time?

I will take your advice and do some cheap eggs, maybe just try 2 or 3, now I just need to find some local hatching eggs for sale [​IMG]

6. Bantam Username

Bantam Username Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2011
    Wiltshire, UK
    I am doing chamois sebrights cos I couldn't wait and do something I wasn't fussed about as my chicken capacity is limited, so I'm just doing the birds I really really want. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by