1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Waiting for pure eggs?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Goose and Fig, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Might be a silly question, but I have to ask. I removed a muscovy drake from my duck yard almost 2 weeks ago. Now I have only welsh harlequins and one scovy hen. How much longer until I don't have to worry about my WH eggs being mule duck eggs?

I know- if it was chickens I would wait 4 weeks, but wasn't sure if ducks were the same way. Thanks!

2. Duckandgoatlady

Duckandgoatlady Out Of The Brooder

Jan 5, 2012
    Lake Butler
    Your eggs should be pure in 2 weeks. I would wait 3 to be completely certain.

3. Goose and Fig

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Thanks! [​IMG] The dogs are going to be mad when I have to cut back on thier gourmet breakfast to hatch some.

4. Duckandgoatlady

Duckandgoatlady Out Of The Brooder

Jan 5, 2012
    Lake Butler
    I am glad to know I am not the only person to feed eggs to my dog. My livestock guardian dog gets the unusable eggs. She saw the egg carton this morning and wanted to go into the barn with me while I collected eggs this morning.

5. Goose and Fig

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Ha- eggs are MUCH better for them than all the corn that's in dog food now! Good for thier coat too [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by