Waiting for that first egg...maybe around 9/25

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by jahphotogal, Sep 10, 2012.

1. jahphotogal

jahphotogal Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2012
    CT
    My oldest three were all born around May 1, or so said the feed store. So they are only about 18 weeks old now, not quite ready to lay. I haven't seen any squatting or heard any egg song - but even so I have started checking the nesting boxes and under the bushes, just in case!

Anyone else expecting eggs around 9/25? That's my birthday so if I got one that day, I'd put a ribbon on i!

2. thomaschickens

thomaschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2012
    Washougal, WA
    I hope you get a perfect little egg for your birthday [​IMG] Mine were born at the end of February and the beginning of March and I'm still waiting on a couple of them to lay. My 2 Ameraucana's show NO signs of laying soon (and of course those are the ones I'm most looking forward to [​IMG])

3. jahphotogal

jahphotogal Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2012
    CT
    I have two EE's as well as the three Wyandottes (one is Columbian, two are Golden-Laced) and I've heard that they often start later. One is almost purebred Ameracauna - wonder if she'll be as late as yours? The days are of course getting shorter now, which doesn't help! But I have five birds and only go through about a dozen or 18 eggs a week right now, so I don't need everyone to lay all at once!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by